Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
The Granville County Sheriff’s office made the following arrests March 2-9.
• Buddy Leroy Cleaver, 75, of Peachtree Street, Creedmoor: delaying and obstructing; $1,000 secured bond.
• Nicholas Antonio Cooper, 41, of Christy’s Way, Oxford: failure to appear; $3,000 secured bond.
• Bailey O’Keith Alston, 53, of Andrews Avenue, Goldsboro: larceny of chose in action, two counts of obtaining property by false pretense; $60,000 secured bond.
• Stanley Warren Morton, 56, of Horner Siding Road, Oxford: failure to appear, cruelty to animals; $500 secured bond.
• Margaret Tamsin Norris, 32, of Jack Adcock Road, Oxford: failure to appear, misdemeanor probation violation out of county; $1,000 secured bond.
• George Douglas Wade Sr., 40, of Fairfield, Virginia: failure to report new address as a sex offender; $35,000 secured bond.
• John Isaac Peace, 32, of Flat Rock Road, Franklinton: failure to appear, driving while impaired, failure to wear seatbelt as a driver, driving while license revoked; $2,500 secured bond.
• Deven Surratt, 25, of Old Roxboro Road, Oxford: injury to personal property; bond unavailable.
• Tyler Steven Howard, 26, of Edwards Hill Church Road, Siler City: probation violation; $75,000 secured bond.